findmassmoney.com legit? Did you know that there are more than $3 billion funds under the unclaimed property division? These belong to people who either died or did not contact their respective banks for more than 15 years.
Being a citizen of the United States, it is your right to claim your funds. If you are willing to do so, read further for more information.
What is findmassmoney.com?
It is an unclaimed property division association keeping funds of brands and people safe until they claim it. Currently, there are $3 billion unclaimed funds under their control until they find their owner. Claiming it is an easy process.
- The walk-in office services are not available for now.
- It is a free service by the association of the State treasure.
- To verify any property, you can use social security card and tax records as evidence.
- You may call the customer care number 617-367-0400 for assistance by their representatives.
- There are plenty of forms available that you need to fill on applying for a claim or report any property.
- There is an affidavit of heirs form for the children of the deceased owner. Their funds are under the association. Fill the form but note that the pertaining amount should be less than $1000 and not probated.
- If you have lost your stock certificate, you can apply in the Lost Stock Affidavit form.
- Affidavit of Endorsement Form is for people who issued a check for someone else but later realized it was useless. To reclaim the check amount, you can fill this form.
- For claims-related queries, use the email address UCPClaims@tre.state.ma.us.
- UCPReporting@tre.state.ma.us email is for reporting any unclaimed funds.
Read further if you are wondering, is findmassmoney.com legit?
What is unclaimed property?
It is not real estate or a vehicle but non-acquired funds. Banks send money to the unclaimed property division if any holder is unreachable for three years or more. For traveler’s checks, this period gets extended to fifteen years. The institution keeping the funds tries every possible way to reach the owner through social media, email addresses, local advertisement, and media.
But, if they fail to find any information, they report it to the last address that belonged to them. You may wonder if findmassmoney.com legit. It is a program initiated by the law of the United States to protect the rights of owners and heirs of the funds. The state has all the custody till the rightful owner claims it.
The unclaimed financial assets are:
- unpaid wages
- safe-deposit boxes
- checking and savings accounts
- uncashed checks
- life insurance policies,
- uncashed dividends
How to file a claim application for unclaimed property?
If your property gets sent to the department, you can follow these steps to file a claim:
- Make sure the device you use has an internet connection.
- Go to the web browser and search findmassmoney.com in the designated box.
- It will take some time to load.
- You shall explore the website to get a better insight into their services.
- Press on getting started and go to the search page.
- Enter your name in the box to search for funds. You can also enter the zip code to get the exact results.
- Select your property and file a claim. Now your application will begin.
- Review the property to ensure it belongs to you. Then enter all the required information to complete the form.
- Choose if you’re the owner or heir of the property.
- Press register!
- Then perform an address confirmation.
- The next page will consist of all the information you have provided. Verify it and submit the claim.
- It depends on whether you come under the paperless transaction or not. You will receive a claim form through email.
- Upload the required documents along with the form. You can also mail it to Unclaimed Property Division One Ashburton Place, 12th Floor Boston, MA 02108.
You can track the progress of your claim using their website.
Is findmassmoney.com legit?
It is an association by the State treasure to make sure all the unclaimed property reach their entitled owners. They do not charge any fee and every procedure gets done through transparency. Hence, we think it is possibly an authentic website. But you must be vigilant while sharing your personal information with them.
They have valid social media handles that are regularly updated. Much local paper has the names of the property holder. So you can reach them through it. The trust rating is high and does not have any red flags. This website got recognized by many corporations. We found multiple customer feedback claiming to receive money through this website. We would recommend you to go through them and make your own decision.
Findmassmoney.com legit? It is a platform associated with the MA state treasury with a high trust score and positive responses and, all the aspects suggest it to be a credible website. You can go through their FAQs for more queries and details.
Please share your experience with us.